Monday 26 August 2013

Silverton, NSW

Silverton was recently featured in Australian Country Style Magazine's travel section. We had visited here earlier in the year and it is very beautiful. Mundi Mundi Plains above.....
One of the stone cottages.....
Gallery and café.....
Ruins.....
The following are a few snippets of a lino print we purchased of Silverton at night.....


Silverton is one of my favourite places and as the film MAD MAX was filmed around Broken Hill when we lived there, it has some special memories for the family. Especially the day I collected some Tibooburra kids from the boarding hostel in the Hill and they asked to be taken to the film site. Travelling along the dirt road, car loaded with kids we saw the gyrocopter featured in the film flying toward us. The kids were hanging out the windows, VERY EXCITED, until it came straight at us and we were dive bombed - I had eye contact with the pilot!. Not once but twice we were given the thrill of any outback kid's life except they were screaming and I was instructed to "Put your foot down Mrs G and get out of here" and I was out of there. I might add I had ignored the NO VISITORS TO FILM SITE sign.









1 comment:

  1. haha! haven't heard this story mum! Well done Mrs G! Love Martine

    ReplyDelete